Yes is the trading name of Your Employment Service CIC and is what is known as a ‘data Controller’ of the personal data that you provide to us.
What is the purpose of using your personal information and what types of personal information do we collect?
The majority of data that we collect is basic personal data that we require for the following purposes:-
- To allow you to set up an account
- To support you to find suitable employment opportunities
- Making referrals to appropriate support services
- Obtaining feedback to allow us to monitor, evaluate and improve our services
This data may include your name, contact details, address, date of birth, gender, residency information, current circumstances & time out of work. We do also collect some special category data including ethnicity, sexual orientation and health data. Submission of ethnicity and sexual orientation data is optional and will be anonymized upon submission and used only for statistical purposes. We may need to process your health data if it is likely to affect your performance or suitability for a job role but we will only do so with your consent.
What we do with it?
When registering to use our services it is necessary to create an account. You will be able to register an account through the Yes website. We will use the information that you provide through the account to make contact with you and understand how we can support you to find suitable employment opportunities.
When you register with our services, we will use your personal information to assist you in developing CVs, applying for suitable vacancies and also sign posting and referring you to other services who may also be able to work with you.
To ensure that we provide the best possible service, it is important that we obtain feedback from our clients. Where you do provide feedback, this will be kept confidential and using purely for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Where will your personal information be stored?
Your personal data is stored with our IT hosting and maintenance provider Cornerstone Marketing and Design Ltd. Cornerstone is based in the UK and all of your data is stored on servers located in the UK. Your CV and employment evidence may be stored on our Central Database, which is located on the Northwards Housing Internal Network. All files and folders containing any such information will be password protected with restricted access to ensure the effective and secure processing of your personal data. All of the personal data that we process will only be processed by employees of Yes in the United Kingdom (UK). No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
Who may we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with Re:Vision who are a charity, for funding purposes. However, we will only do this with your consent.
We will also share your personal information with organisations, services and employers that may have suitable vacancies or who can provide other employability services. However, we will always consult you first and obtain your permission.
How long we keep it?
All the personal data that you provide will be stored by Yes until you notify us that you no longer wish to use our services, at which point it will be destroyed. All Success & Employment evidence required for funding purposes will be retained for 2 years. For more information about how long we holder different types of personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your rights?
Should you wish to stop using our services you can withdraw your personal data at any point by making a request in writing to any member of staff or by contacting our data protection officer. You can also update or withdraw your personal data at any time through your yes website account.
You also have the following rights:-
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our data protection officer (DPO) who will investigate the matter. Our DPO is, HY Professional Services, who can be contacted in writing at HY Professional Services, 1 Reed House, Hunters’ Lane, Rochdale, OL16 1YL or by telephone on 0161 804 1144.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data in an unlawful way, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office through their website https://ico.org.uk/